Sunday, June 5, 2011

The End and the Beginning

A friend showed me this song just a few weeks before graduation, and it hit me how well it addresses how I feel. I've lived in this small town for ten years now, and it has taught me more than I ever would have thought. In the middle of third grade, through fourth grade, I hated Montana - the people, the weather, my school. If you read my journal from that time, I was a pretty bitter little kid, not to mention crazily awkward. Somehow, I managed in the years that followed to become a people person. I don't know how or when it happened, but that was the best change of my life. I have come to absolutely love people - especially those different than me. Class of 2011, you have seen me through the best and worst years of my life. Both of which happened in the last four years.
"Now we're back to the beginning, it's just a feeling and no one knows yet. But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean they have to forget." We are all moving on to different roads. We moved from the top of the kid-totem pole to the bottom of the adult totem pole. And we will certainly see each other again - reunions, breaks, around town. We've made it through so much together, and apart. I will miss the amazing memories and the people.
"But you'll come back, when they call you, no need to say goodbye." I hate goodbyes - so I'm not going to say one. Because you guys will be with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment